- Saturday, January 04, 2014
Here’s a fantastic, easy idea we just came across – how to use eggshells to plant seeds. I love this one. There are numerous benefits to this idea:
1) You don’t have to uproot the seeds when it comes to time to plant them out – simply crack the shells and the roots will grow through! This saves you from potentially damaging the young seedlings – and the shells will break down.
2) The eggshells are biodegradable, so there is no waste.
3) The seeds benefit from the nutrients in the eggshells. Eggshell contains a good quantity of bioavailable minerals – especially calcium; a mineral that is not only essential for humans, but essential to all stages of plant growth.
4) You don’t have to use plastic pots, so it’s eco-friendly! Another win for the zero-waste home
5) It’s free!
6) It’s fun!
This is a great tutorial with lots of pictures. Why not give it a go and let us know how you get on. Here is the link to the full tutorial:
Courtsey of http://www.herbs-info.com/