- Thursday, February 28, 2013
Hungarian Apple Cake
- 1. Weigh 4-6 eggs (depending on size; should weigh about 8-10oz).
- 2. Separate white from yolks.
- 3. Weigh out butter, sugar and flour – each, equal in weight to the total weight of the eggs.
- 4. Cream together sugar and butter.
- 5. Add egg yolks gradually, continue creaming.
- 6. Add flour gradually, mix well.
- 7. Add some cinnamon and a pinch of salt and lemon rind (one lemon).
- 8. Peel apples 2-4 depending on size of the apples (I like to use Golden Delicious for this) and cut them to little cubes, and then add to the dough.
- 9. Beat egg whites till stiff and fold into the dough.
10. Bake at moderate heat (325F) in a buttered and floured standard 9 inch springform cake pan until the top is golden brown (about 40 min but start checking after ~30 min).
submitted by Gyorgyi SzebenYi